SATURDAY SAYINGS: LIFE, DIRECTION, DECISIONS AND FINDING TRUE HAPPINESS

Edit Artikel

Happy August, Everyone!

As mentioned on my Instagram yesterday, a life blog post and update will be coming soon.

Turns out, my thirties have been a bit of a rollercoaster.  One hopes to have gained direction by then, but as I prepare to enter the latter part of my mid-thirties this month, direction has been lacking more than ever.  I've found myself grasping at straws, to say the least.

Ultimately, a change needs to be made.  One thing this past year has taught me is the importance of transparency, which I'll touch on in my upcoming post.  

The below quote appeared at the top of my Pinterest feed this past week...

"Ask yourself if where you are today
is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow." 

I believe I was meant to see it, and if I ask myself honestly, the long and the short of it is, no.

This notion has caused me to look back.  Truth is, I would have done some key things differently, or rather made different choices.  Something I'm sure we all feel through life.  While at the same time, I am, almost 4 years later, completely confident in one very difficult and life changing decision I did make. 

The reality that life isn't always going to be a pretty picture tied up with a bow, or that things don't often go as planned, provided me true growth as a person.  The lessons this experience taught me, along with the many layers around that time in my life, were so important and offered immeasurable strength.

Even though I wouldn't want to go through it again, today, I'm almost thankful it happened.  Why exactly is a bit more complicated.  However, I almost think something like it needed to happen in order to propel me into fully living.  Most important, living in the moment with the full understanding that life IS short.

Ok, enough deep thoughts for today...hehe.  Let's get to Saturday Sayings, on a Sunday! Yay! :)  I hope they offer a little inspiration, as I always do, and that you are all having a Wonderful Weekend! 

Thank you all for your patience and continued support as I've been a bit MIA in bogland.  I continue to be in awe of the comments, e-mails, letters, cards and more that I get from so many of you! 
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
(image)
Quote by Unknown via Huffington Post and image created by Liesl Ehardt.
(image)
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments