LINK-UP: WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - WHICH DECADE WOULD YOU WISH TO LIVE & WHY

Edit Artikel

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!


Time for another Whatever Wednesday, I must say, they are becoming some of my favorite posts!  Plus, I'm enjoying sharing and learning more about so many of you!

If you wish to link-upjust e-mail: whateverwednesdays@yahoo.com

Shay and Alissa, who started the fun, and everyone who jumped on board would love for you to join in! :)

The topic this week is...


IF YOU COULD LIVE IN ANOTHER DECADE, WHICH WOULD IT BE, AND WHY?


Back in high school, groups were assigned a decade on which to research and report in our American History class, and ours was the 1940's.


As much as that era was fun to explore, if I had to choose one in which to live, I believe it would have to be the 1960's.


I know for many, the AMC show "Mad Men" made this style and era popular, but for me it was for a different reason, my mother.


Growing up, I was captivated by her stories, travels and adventures from being a Pan Am stewardess during its pivotal time in history.


Leaving the Pan Am training headquarters in Miami, FL.
Susie, my Marvelous Mother, Leslie and Jennie in the 60's after finishing Pan Am training.


Not to mention her pictures, the style and elegance of that time, which was incredible, and something I wish we had a bit more of today.


After having Willy Bogner, director and well-known ski designer, in first class on a Pan Am flight, he asked her to play a Pan Am stewardess in one of his German films, "Benjamin," starring Philipp Sonntag.



Scenes of my mother and Philipp Sonntag in the film "Benjamin," directed by Willy Bogner. 


I am so thankful to have something that captures her in action as a Pan Am stewardess, since I never got to see her in those days doing what she loved so, so much, and what a natural!

It was hearing my her stories that made me want to become a flight attendant, at one time, but times have changed drastically from air travel of the 60's, and I think, unfortunately, lost its grace and sparkle.

In my acting days I often got cast in TV shows and films set in the 1960's and was told I had right look for that era, which was fun.


I got a chance to be on "Mad Men", before leaving LA, and play a 1960's, very Pan Am-esque, stewardess in scenes with Jon Hamm who plays Don Draper on the show, which was a, let's say, interesting experience.


I also had the chance to play Leslie on the NBC show "American Dreams" starring Brittany Snow, Will Estes, Rachel Boston, Jamie Elman, among others, with Dick Clark as the executive producer, and it was a truly wonderful experience and highlight from my filming days. 


On the set of "American Dreams" sporting fun 60's clothes and hair!
"American Dreams" set with Danielle DiCerbo, Erin Cahill, Teal Brown, Rachel Boston and Brittany Snow.


So, in a way, I had the chance to go back and momentarily "live" in the 1960's like my marvelous mother did.


I would mostly choose the 60's because people dressed up, styled their hair and were classically put together as a part of daily life.


Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments